An exciting opportunity has arisen as River Director/Chief Executive for the Ness District Salmon Fishery Board (DSFB) in Inverness-shire.
The Ness DSFB is a statutory body responsible for the protection and enhancement of salmon and sea trout fisheries in the Ness catchment, the largest in the North Highlands covering a total area of 2,103 square kilometres. The River Director reports directly to the chairman and has responsibility for the executive management of the board’s day-to-day activities.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Supervision and management of all staff;
- Maintenance of the Ness DSFB Health and Safety Policy and risk assessments;
- Maintenance of sound financial practices, including preparation of a budget and ensuring operation within guidelines;
- Maintenance of official records and documents and ensuring compliance with statue, good governance guidelines and codes of practice;
- Development and implementation of strategic plans which meet the board’s objectives and toward which they make consistent and timely progress;
- Management of research, monitoring and habitat restoration strategies;
- As clerk to the Ness DSFB, responsibility for organising, advertising and attending fishery board meetings. Production of minutes and annual reports and ensuring compliance with good governance requirements;
- Assessment of the potential impacts of development proposals in the district, together with applications for scientific and other exemptions; and
- Acting as an on-call water bailiff carrying out fisheries enforcement duties.
Further details regarding the role can be found in the Job Description.
Applications by curriculum vitae and covering letter should be submitted to the Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 8th September 2021.